Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 3 and 4 - Losing 40 kilos and definitely losing my mind

Day 3

Went to the gym pumped to the core. Had a day's rest.  I made a resolution when i got onto the walking escalator - Tune out the world, tune into the music and just walk. Its easier said than done - but i needed to remain positive.
Pinky the trainer/tyrant was in full form. 3 minute walk , 3 minute running - she barked. Before i knew it i had spent 20 minutes on the treadmill. When i later lay down on the mat , i actually felt hot air coming out of my ears. I am never eating junk food again, i promised myself fiercely. But there were more sinful tortures awaiting me outside the gym.
It was a holiday for the kids , so we ended up going out and landed in Nirula's. There began my gastronomic torture- the Shammi kebab on the visual menu was calling out to me- eat me , i am delicious, it was saying. The chocolate sundae was saying i am delicious-how can you resist me? God , food was talking to me. I was on the edge of hysteria. Then suddenly the phone rings. Its the exercise mafia moll. She of course does not believe in social niceties - Madam, she yells, khane pe control!! Is she phone stalking me/? Whatever, but her call brings me back from food heaven's door. I grab the kids , jump into the car and drive to Top Breads. There i eat salad and corn croissant-whatever that is. I mean i don't even eat corn , let alone corn patties!!

 Two learnings- you don't need to starve if you go to the gym- eat home food, avoid junk and cold drinks- and you are safe.
if you are temtped , just close your eyes and think of all the sweat you shed , in the gym- it will kill all food urges.

Day 4

Today was a bad day. Woke up with a severe back ache.  Pinky was unsympathetic. Exercise kar lo , baad mein thik kar doengee. But i was really tired and actuually dragged myself through the floor exercises. But she kept her word. After , the push ups on the mat, she actually massaged my back properly. I felt much better .

In between all this sourness  and pain, some local stud, switched the music to some romantic sunil dutt and sadhana song. My BP rose by several notches. I mean, we are exercising man- we need pumping music not whiskeywaley gane. He was probably trying to impress someone in the gym or was a majnu!! The head trainer , who is quite petrified of me, put on FM hurriedly. Then he walked up to me and said, Madam, close mouth and exercise. Ok boss, i get it , breathe in and out through my nose. Open mouths are not wanted here!!

One learning: Don't be scared about falling off the wagon. You will.  But once you do, you have to pick yourself up and soldier on. Dar ke agaey jeet hai!!!

2 comments:

  1. anji love i'm proud of you! you're going to start feeling better soon, i promise. here's my favorite workout song for when i start to think i'm about to fall over and can't take another step

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4a8QtvOkBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the spirit!! I am really getting motivated now! Just go and do the stuff girl!

    ReplyDelete